SALKANTAY TO MACHUPICCHU 05 DAYS
Salkantay trek is an alternative to the oversubscribed famous Inca Trail which also connect to the archeological site of Machupicchu. The trekking tour is organized at around the Salkantay snowcapped located at 6,264 meters above sea level (20,500 ft) which is the highest peak in Vilcabamba mountain range located in Cusco Region. Because it nearness to Machu Picchu ruins plus it natural sceneries, Andean communities, variety of birds for watching makes to Salkantay trek the best choice for hikers.
It’s quite difficult and will be required a good level of fitness.
DAY 01: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA
From Cusco we will drive into the Apurimac valley passing over amazing sceneries for around three hours till to arrive to the picturesque Andean village of Mollepata 2900 m.a.s.l (9500 ft) where we have breakfast before start the hiking also we meet horse man and horses to carry the tents, food and cooking equipment. We will start the trekking to Soraypampa 3,850 m.a.s.l ( 12,600ft) where we camp at the foot of Salkantay mountain with a marvelous panoramic view of salkantay snowcapped 6,264 m.a.s.l ( 20,500 ft).
Minimum height: 2,900 m.a.s.l (9,500 ft)
Maximum altitude: 3,850 m.a.s.l ( 12,600 ft)
Estimated distance: 12 km (07 miles)
Estimated walking time: 05 hours approximately
DAY 02: SORAYPAMPA – CHALLWAY
It is the hardest trekking day. Our day begin with a health breakfast then we start to climb up Salkantay pass 4,650m.a.s.l (15,300ft) where you will enjoy amazing panoramic view of Salkantay snowcapped 6,264 m.a.s.l ( 20,500 ft), after a break we prepare to walk down for outdoor lunch .After lunch we just descend to the next camp site of Challway 2,950 m.a.s.l (9,670 ft) having the opportunity to see birds and amazing sceneries.
Minimum height: 2,950 m.a.s.l (9,670 ft)
Maximum altitude: 4,650 m.a.s.l (15,300ft)
Estimated distance: 17 km (10 miles)
Estimated walking time: 09 hours approximately
DAY 03: COLPAPAMPA – LA PLAYA
Trekking will be into the lush tropical jungle, where we can appreciate coffee plantations, passion fruit plantations, orchids and variety of birds. Early arriving to la Playa 2,800 m.a.s.l ( 9,186 ft) where you have lunch a free time to interact with local people, plus you will find some shops and electricity.
Minimum height: 2,800 m.a.s.l ( 9,186 ft)
Maximum altitude: 2,950 m.a.s.l (9,670 ft)
Estimated distance: 14 km (08 miles)
Estimated walking time: 06 hours approximately
DAY 04: LA PLAYA – LLACTAPATA – MACHUPICCHU TOWN
Our trekking takes over great original Incas path which lead us to Llaqtapata archeological site 2650 m.s.n.m (8,694 feet) where we can enjoy the first view of Machupicchu archeological site then we descend Hidroelectrica where we have lunch. Afterward we continue our walking over the train truck to get finally Machupicchu town where we spend the night in a hotel. Dinner in a restaurant.
Minimum height: 2060 m.a.s.l (6758 ft)
Maximum altitude: 2800 m.a.s.l ( 9186ft)
Estimated distance: 15 km (09 miles)
Estimated walking time: 08 hours approximately
DAY 05: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After an early breakfast we will take a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site which take twenty five minutes, the reason we leave early is to enjoy the sunrise on top of the old city of Mahupicchu a plenty of time will be provided to explore the city. On afternoon we take back the bus to Machupicchu town to get the train with direction to Cusco city.
- Hotel pick up and private transport to the starting point of the trekking (Mollepata village).
- Machu Picchu entrance fees.
- Professional English speaking tour guide (two guides for groups over 08 persons).
- Sleeping tent (02 Persons per tent in a 04 person’s capacity tent).
- Dinning and kitchen tents table and chairs.
- Sleeping mattress.
- Cooking equipment.
- Cook and Meals (04 breakfasts, 04 lunches, 04 dinners) vegetarian option is provided in a previous booking.
- Porters or horses (to carry food and equipment of the company).
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu (round trip).
- Train service from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus connection to Cusco city.
- Breakfast on the first morning ( restaurant in Mollepata village to have breakfast).
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes town it on day five.
- Entrance fees to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes town USD$6.
- Sleeping bag (hired in our office if you don’t have one USD$ 04 per day).
- Tips for the crew (guide, cook and porters or horseman).
- Entrance fee to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain up which is optional an extra cost USD$ 16 (Huayna Picchu is the tall mountain behind Machu Picchu archeological site, it booking must be made in advance too).
- Personal medical kit.
- Extra horse to carry your personal items USD$ 25 per day.
WHAT TO TAKE
- Original Passport
- Student card (ISIC Card if you are student)
- A backpack (for daily and personal items)
- Warm clothes (nights are cold)
- First aid kit
- camell back or water bottle.
- Rain jacket and poncho (rains even on dry season).
- Short pants for confortable walking.
- Head light or flashlight
- Trekking shoes
- Washing kit and water purifying tablets.
- Binoculars for bird watching
- Insect Repellent and sun block.
- Personal toilet items (towel, toilet paper, tooth brush, tooth paste, soap, etc.)
- Hat, gloves, scarf, wool socks, sandals.
- Cash to tip the crew and buy drinks and snacks. (Peruvian currency)
Contact us for more information :