INCA JUNGLE TO MACHUPICCHU 04 DAYS
This package is the best choice to arrive to Machupicchu which offers four days adrenaline, getting different activities every day like mountain biking, river rafting, trekking over original Incas trail, zip line, archeological sites along the walking plus crystalline hot spring to relax after a hard day walking.
DAY 01: CUSCO – SANTA MARIA (Biking day)
Hotel pick up in Cusco city 3330 meters above sea level (10900 ft) to drive for around three hours to Malaga pass 4230 meters above sea level ( 13870 ft) once on top of Malaga pass , comfortable and verified bikes will be provided to star the biking downhill as well as safety equipment to assure the maximum security. Biking trip will take place in easy asphalt road no longer than 03 hours and 2000 meters (6560 ft) run down passing over great natural sceneries ending in Santa Maria village 1200 meters above sea level (3930 ft) where we have lunch and accommodation for evening in a house of local family.
After lunch you will have some time to relax and a short walking at around the village which is located at the entrance of the jungle with tropical climate or if you are still with some more energy you can take the river rafting in a warm water river which is provided as an optional service and extra payment.
OPTIONAL RIVER RAFTING IN SANTA MARIA, US$35 will be paid directly The Operator company.
Minimum height: 1200 m.a.s.l (3930 ft)
Maximum altitude: 4330 m.a.s.l (14200 ft)
Estimated biking distance: 45 km (27 miles)
Estimated biking time: 03 to 04 hours approximately
DAY 02: SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA
After a hearty breakfast and to organize our stuff the trekking begins over the off road for around an hour till to get a single trail which take us in an intense climbing up, along the walking will find some local families selling water bottle, Coca cola, Inka cola or any other energetic beverages. Once on top of the walking 1700 meters above sea level ( 5570 ft) an authentic paved Incas trail appears unexpectedly before our eyes such a wonderful view of the entire valley, the trekking over the Inca trail must be made carefully and slowly because the steep stairs and cliffs next to the path, next to the top stands a natural lookout which shows a scenic view covering a nearly 360 degree area.
After a break the trail descends to Quellomayo community where lunch waits for us. After a relaxing time we continue walking along the banks of the Urubamba River till to get an amazing hot spring where you can get a relaxing bath after eight hours walking. Hostel and dinner will be provided in Santa Teresa village 1600 meters above sea level ( 5250 ft) located at three kilometers from the hot spring.
Minimum height: 1200 m.a.s.l (3930 ft)
Maximum altitude: 1700 m.a.s.l (5570 ft)
Estimated distance: 18 km (11 miles)
Estimated walking time: 08 hours approximately
DAY 03: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES
Early wake up to trek to Hidroelectrica along the bank of Urubamba River, the walking is made over off road with amazing views of the river and water falls. After lunch e walking continues over the train track where we can get the first view of Machupicchu archeological site located at the top of mountain. Afterward to enjoy the view of Machupicchu we continue walking to Aguas Calientes town where we have dinner and a confortable hotel.
This day is more flexible and offers the choice of zip lining activity close to Santa Teresa town, this activity can be added to your schedule for extra payment made directly to the operator company.
OPTIONAL ZIP LINE TOUR IN SANTA TERESA USD$30
Minimum height: 1600 m.a.s.l (5250 ft)
Maximum altitude: 2040 m.a.s.l (6690 ft)
Estimated distance: 17 km (10 miles)
Estimated walking time: 06 hours approximately
DAY 04: MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
After an early breakfast we will take a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site which take twenty five minutes, the reason we leave early is to enjoy the sunrise on top of the old city of Mahupicchu a plenty of time will be provided to explore the city by your own. On afternoon we take back the bus to Machupicchu town to get the train with direction to Cusco city.
- Hotel pick up and private transport to the starting point of the biking (Malaga pass and Santa maria village).
- Machupicchu entrance fees.
- bus ticket from Aguas Calientes town to Machupicchu (round trip).
- Train ticket and bus from Aguas Calientes town to Cusco city.
- Professional English speaking tour guide.
- Family houses and local hostels to spend the night.
- Meals (04 breakfasts, 04 lunches, 04 dinners) vegetarian option is provided too.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Breakfast on the first morning (stop near to Ollantaytambo to buy some food, water and snacks).
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes town it on day four.
- Entrance fees to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes town USD 06.
- Entrance fees to the hot springs in Santa Teresa town USD 03.
- Tips for the crew (guide and transfers).
- Entrance fee to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain up which is optional an extra cost USD 16 (Huayna Picchu is the tall mountain behind Machu Picchu archeological site, it booking must be made in advance too).
- Personal medical kit.
- River rafting on first day in Santa Maria village (USD 35).
- Zip line in Santa Teresa village (USD 30).
WHAT TO TAKE
- Original Passport
- Student card (ISIC Card if you are student)
- A backpack (for daily and personal items)
- Warm clothes (nights are cold)
- First aid kit
- Water bottle.
- Rain jacket and poncho (rains even on dry season).
- Short pants for confortable walking.
- Head light or flashlight
- Trekking shoes
- Washing kit and water purifying tablets.
- Binoculars for bird watching
- Insect Repellent and sun block.
- Personal toilet items (towel, toilet paper, tooth brush, tooth paste, soap, etc.)
- Hat, gloves, scarf, wool socks, sandals.
- Cash to tip the crew and buy drinks and snacks. (Peruvian currency).
Contact us for more information :