This full day hike to the lagoon of Humantay allows to you get a direct contact with nature and scenic beauty where the main attraction is the lagoon formed by the melt of Humantay glaciers Stretching on a plateau at (4200 meters above sea level) (13700 ft).
This short hiking at Peru’s high alpine offers something different than the traditional activities around Cusco city, and is carried out in the mountain community of Soraypampa at three hours from Cusco region.
Pick up at your hotel (4:30 am) to travel by private transportation to Mollepata village, which takes two hours riding through the lush valley of the Apurimac River where you will have breakfast, then the travel continue for an hour to Soraypampa base camp (3900 meters above sea leve)l (12700 ft) the starting point of hiking. Climb up takes for around one hour and half to Humantay lagoon located at 4200 meters above sea level (12700 ft) where a stunning view of Salkantay and Humantay glaciers surround the turquoise water of the Humantay lagoon. Horse is an option to climb up to the Humantay lagoon. After to explore all around and get the best pictures of the lagoon we start to walk down for around one hour to Soraypampa base camp to take the ride back transportation to Mollepata village to have lunch, Afterward drive back to Cusco city (05:00 pm aproximatly).
- Professional English speaking tour guide.
- Private transportation from Cusco to Soraypampa (round trip).
- Entrance fee to Humantay lagoon.
- First aid kit.
- Breakfast and dinner at the ending of tour.
- Tips for the crew (guide, cook and porters or horseman).
- Personal medical kit.
- Extra Horse US$ 30.
WHAT TO TAKE
- Original Passport.
- A backpack (for daily and personal items).
- Rain jacket or rain poncho (rains even on dry season).
- Short pants for confortable walking.
- Water bottle.
- Walking and confortable shoes.
- Binoculars for bird watching.
- Mosquitos repellent and sun block.
- Hat, gloves, scarf.
- Cash to tip the crew and buy drinks and snacks. (Peruvian currency).